MISSOULA, Mont. - The family of a Washington state man killed by a Montana motorist later convicted of vehicular homicide while under the influence has filed a lawsuit against the bar where the man was drinking before getting into his vehicle.
Reports indicate the attorney for the estate of Brian Beaver filed the lawsuit Thursday in Missoula County District Court against KT's Hayloft Saloon.
The lawsuit contends the bar failed to use reasonable care when it served a visibly drunk Brian Holm on Nov. 9, 2010. Minutes after Holm left the bar he drove onto a sidewalk and killed the 24-year-old from Aberdeen, Wash.
The lawsuit seeks damages that include wrongful death and future economic loss.
Hayloft owner Frank Miller says the bar is not responsible for Beaver's death.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers