MISSOULA, Mont. - Attorneys for the Kalispell woman who confessed she murdered her newlywed husband filed a notice Thursday that they intend to appeal.
Last month, a judge sentenced Jordan Graham to 30-plus years for pushing Cody Lee Johnson off a cliff in Glacier National Park last July.
Graham filed notice she will appeal to the Ninth Circuit.
Some issues her attorneys are expected to argue include a claimed violation of a plea deal with prosecutors, a reportedly excessive sentence as well as the judge refusing to allow her to change her guilty plea.
Graham pleaded guilty to second-degree murder after the trial started, but before the case went to the jury.
Click here to read the notice of appeal.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester