MISSOULA, Mont. - The attorney for a former University of Montana football player accused of rape wants more time before he's sentenced.
At a September court hearing Beau Donaldson pleaded guilty to raping a friend. His sentencing was scheduled for December 19, but now his attorney Milt Datsopoulos has filed a motion to continue, asking for an extra month.
Datsopoulos writes that he and his client need more time to review a psycho-sexual evaluation of Donaldson.
According to that court document the Missoula County Attorney's Office objects to the request for more time, but it will be up to the judge to decide.
NBC Montana will keep you updated.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Trial to consider coal pollution from BNSF coal trains
- Local Elections Commissioner: Pro-marijuana group filed reports late
- Magistrate hears arguments in beef checkoff lawsuit
- Local Elections Supreme Court candidate condemns political spending in race