MISSOULA, Mont. - Lolo has seen a burglary at the Lolo Peak Brewery. Mischief also has been reported in Lolo recently. Now, an arson investigation is underway for fire and vandalism in Target Range, just west of Missoula. It happened on Norman Street Tuesday.
Sheriff's deputies want to find whoever broke into vehicles, broke glass on roads and lit a garbage can on fire.
Deputies arrived to a fully engulfed garbage can. The people living at the house had to move their car until firefighters put the fire out.
A purse was stolen out of a vehicle as well.
Paige Pavalone of the Missoula County Sheriff's Office attributes the crimes to juveniles being out of school.
She tells NBC Montana, "It started in Lolo last week. There were six juveniles who created a disturbance at one or two o'clock in the morning. Then, more recently, we've had vehicle break-ins in the Target Range area, where vehicles are being broken into and purses are being stolen and there was also a garbage can that was lit on fire in a resident's driveway."
Anyone with information can remain anonymous and possibly receive a $1,000 reward by calling Crime Stoppers at 721-4444.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles