MISSOULA, Mont. - Smoke from wildfires to our west is making for hazy skies across Western Montana.
Smoke from Oregon, Washington and Idaho wildfires started making its way into the Missoula area yesterday, and it has led to considerable haze throughout the region. Most of the smoke has stayed well above our breathing space, but enough settled into the valleys overnight to deteriorate air quality conditions in Missoula and Frenchtown to Moderate. Cumulative exposure in the Frenchtown area may become Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups later today.
The strong breezes forecasted for this afternoon will likely temporarily help clear out the hazy conditions, but if the fires burning in the northwest continue to grow, those winds may also deliver more smoke later this evening.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Missoula takes part in National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day
- Sports News Griz hope to keep rolling at NAU
- KECI White Ribbon Week kicks off in Bitterroot
- Sports News High School Football Scores for October 21-22, 2016