MISSOULA, Montana - Helicopters and fire crews are responding to a new wildfire sparked near Turrah, about 18 miles east of Missoula.
Witnesses say smoke from the fire is visible from Highway 90, and the blaze appears to be located just beyond the ridge south of the highway.
Helicopters can be seen pulling water from the Clark Fork River to drop on the fire.
DNRC officials say Saturday night's lightning storm started at least 10 new wildfires in Missoula County.
We have a reporter on scene in Turah - check back for more updates.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday