MISSOULA, Mont. - Montana Attorney General Tim Fox has found himself -- or at least an image of himself -- unintentionally involved in an online dating scam.
A woman in Indiana claims she was scammed out of $150,000 by a man calling himself John Hagen. Hagen used a photograph of Tim Fox for his profile picture on the dating website Zoosk.
We contacted the attorney general's office for comment on this story. Deputy Attorney General Ed Ecke says this came as a shock.
"The attorney general was upset that his likeness was being used in a scam and notified the authorities. His heart goes out to the victims -- the victim in this case," Ecke said.
Ecke says the office is letting Indiana authorities work this out and have asked that the fake profile with Fox's picture be removed from the dating site.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory