MISSOULA, Mont. - The Missoula County Sheriff's Office has released the name of the 4-year-old boy who drowned Thursday night near Seeley Lake.
Captain Josh Clark says the victim has been identified as ElyJah Jerryn James.
MCSO says the death has been ruled accidental.
Clark says "valiant life saving efforts" were preformed, but James was pronounced dead shortly after arrival to a Missoula area hospital.
The boy was found unconscious in a pond just off Boy Scout Road around 6 p.m. on Thursday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell