MISSOULA, Mont. - This New Year's Eve marks the 20th anniversary of First Night Missoula.
Every year, the Missoula Cultural Council puts on the event that brings together 7,000 to 8,000 people to celebrate the new year.
Organizers attribute the success of the event to community involvement.
"It really is a great statement about where we live," said Tom Benson from the Missoula Cultural Council. "It only takes place one time a year. You can't do this every day."
Different venues host a variety of entertainment in areas such as The University of Montana campus, the Wilma Theatre, and the Southgate Mall.
Local performers light up the downtown scene throughout the day and into the night.
The event takes place from noon to midnight. For a list locations selling admission buttons, visit the First Night Missoula website.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Sentinel's resource officer has new game plan for school year
- KTVM Belgrade school district enrollment grows from last year
- 5 fires burning in Yellowstone continue to grow
- KCFW Multi-vehicle accident reported west of Kalispell