KALISPELL, Mont. - A babysitter who admitted to dropping and shaking a 7-month-old baby girl faced a Flathead County Court on Wednesday. Kimberly Butler was sentenced to ten years with the Department of Corrections, eight years suspended.
Butler admitted in a change of plea hearing that she was babysitting the infant and had dropped her. When the baby started to scream and cry, Butler shook her. Doctors say the girl suffered from a fractured skull, but the extent of her injuries won't be known until she's older.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how election process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close