KALISPELL, Mont. - The organization responsible for the dog park in Whitefish has announced the next phase in improvements to the five-acre park scheduled for this summer.
The Whitefish Animal Group, or WAG, is soliciting bids to expand and improve an existing pond at the Hugh Rodgers wag park. WAG president Jim Lockwood tells us that the designs have been approved, most of the money has been raised, and he's hoping construction will begin early this summer and be completed by September 1.
The current pond is fenced off and unusable by park visitors but the planned improvements would increase the footprint of the pond and open it up for dogs to swim and cool off in the hot summer months.
"It'll be a huge improvement because it'll be a water feature for dogs in the summer to go swim in the, in the pond, and there'll be landscaped beaching around the pond for people to lay and read a book and watch their dog. It's not going to be a pond designed for people to swim, it's for dogs," said Lockwood.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police