KALISPELL, Mont. - Hundreds gathered in Whitefish this afternoon to watch a town tradition, the Whitefish Winter Carnival parade.
The parade is part of a long celebration in Whitefish that has been going on in town for 55 years.
This year the parade had a very special guest, as Mr. Las Vegas himself, Wayne Newton.
He was the Grand Marshall of the parade.
The parade included the Whitefish police and fire department, Whitefish high school athletics and pep band, and a number of area businesses and community leaders.
The carnival continued after the parade with multiple parties and gatherings up at Whitefish Mountain and downtown on Central Avenue.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester