KALISPELL, Mont. - The Veteran's Food Pantry in Kalispell has started distributing Christmas food boxes to 150 veterans.
Clients have the option of either receiving a Thanksgiving box or a Christmas box in addition to the food boxes the pantry distributes during the rest of the year. The Christmas food boxes contain the fixings for a complete Christmas dinner, including a frozen turkey or ham. Food pantry president Allen Erickson that isn't the only thing veterans will receive.
"They get a choice of either Thanksgiving or Christmas, but they all -- Thanksgiving and Christmas -- they all get to go up to Santa's workshops which is upstairs and they can get a Christmas gift for each member of their family." says Erickson.
Erickson tells us that the pantry has a shortage of hams and turkeys and will gladly accept donations of those items.
The food pantry also runs various other projects and fundraisers, including a raffle to raise money to pay off their current building and start construction of a shelter. Raffle tickets are $100. Two thousand will be sold and the grand prize is 1.6 acres of land or $20,000. For more information visit http://veteransfoodpantry.org/
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Local businesses falling victim to dipping commercial building real estate market
- KCFW Burnett stumlbes, maintains lead at Rebecca Farm
- KECI Missing endangered person alert in Missoula called off
- Blue Lake Fire prompts voluntary evacuations