BUTTE, Mont. - Officials with the U.S. Forest Service tell NBC Montana they have not heard an official location for the 2013 Montana Rainbow Gathering
We've been closely following this story since we learned last month that the gathering would be coming back to Montana for the first time since 2000.
When we read on a website associated with the gathering, welcomehome.org, detailed instructions to the Racetrack Creek/ Racetrack Campground we contacted the Forest Service directly.
They told us that information was apparently the location of Spring Council.
The council is where the group decides the final location.
Attendance normally ramps up around the last week or so of June and peaks over the Fourth of July holiday.
Some are critical of Rainbow Gathering saying it damages land and can put undue stress on area resources like food banks and homeless shelters.
We're digging in to the story and it's potential impacts on Western Montana and plan to have a full report on the news at five, six and 10.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid