Stinger Welding is reportedly shutting down its Libby operations soon. A Lincoln County commissioner tells NBC Montana that employees were told the company's bridge building facility in Libby would be closed within two to three weeks. Employees were reportedly offered jobs in Arizona.
The company's CEO, Carl Douglas, died in a plane crash in Lincoln County back in December. NBC Montana is told that the company has put itself into a voluntary receivership, as the company figures out its ownership in coming days.
The company reportedly employed as many as 80 people at one time in the Libby area. Lincoln County currently has the highest unemployment rate in Montana.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory