Widespread valley rain and mountain snow are expected through midday for southwest Montana.
FLOOD WATCH for the East Gallatin River below Bridger Creek near Bozeman. Additional rain and melting mountain snow will bring the potential of minor low land flooding.
WINTER STORM WARNING for the Absaroka and Beartooth Mountains southeast of Bozeman where an additional 3 to 6 inches are possible.
Elsewhere, partly cloudy skies with just a slight chance of a shower. Highs in the 40s in Bozeman and Butte with Missoula and Kalispell in the mid 50s. Overnight lows will drop into the 20s and low 30s. A brief ridge of high pressure will build across the region Thursday. Dry skies and slightly warmer temperatures are expected. Highs Thursday will be in the 50s and 60s.
Another round of wet weather is possible Friday and Saturday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Secretary of state: Voters should handle ballots themselves
- Local Elections Chief justice, other judges denounce campaign attack ad
- Crow, Montana settle dispute over taxing coal owned by tribe
- Montana's mining future could lie in ordinary rock