SOMERS, Mont. - People in the town of Somers are starting raising money to preserve their town's history.
Great Northern Railroad established Somers as a company town in 1901, and now Somers Company Town Project wants to preserve landmarks of its rich history.
The nonprofit group plans to raise money to preserve history, and give future generations a look into the town's past.
"Our whole plan is never to change Somers, it's just to keep the history," said David Ruby, president of the Somers Company Town Project. "It's a wonderful little town."
Somers Company Town Project has a few fund-raisers coming up, including the Culpepper and Merriweather Circus, which will be coming to Somers for the first time in 73 years.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid