MISSOULA, Mont. - An Flathead sheriff's deputy is in stable condition after a head on collision early Saturday morning on Highway 93.
According to the Flathead County Sheriff's Department, the off-duty deputy was returning home when a vehicle crossed over into his lane and struck his vehicle head on.
The man suffered severe injuries, including a broken femur, leg, arm, and wrist.
We're told he underwent surgery Saturday.
The woman who allegedly caused the crash was also injured, and is in stable condition.
The Montana Highway Patrol is investigating the incident.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Officials identify man who possibly drowned in Flathead Lake
- Officials identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Candidates for Montana house seat spar over public lands
- KECI Man arrested in connection with Missoula bike thefts