BUTTE, Mont. - Law enforcement officials have called off the search in the Butte-Silver Bow County landfill for a missing Anaconda woman.
Anaconda Police Chief Tim Barkell tells the Montana Standard (http://bit.ly/WW1xq2) the search ended Friday after officials went through 400 tons of garbage trying to find the body of 41-year-old Tammy Salle.
Salle was last seen on Dec. 23, and her family reported her missing three days later.
The state crime lab has confirmed that Salle's blood was on a towel found in an Anaconda garbage can that was used by Salle's boyfriend, John Goldberg. Goldberg shot himself to death before police could question him. His body was found on Dec. 29.
A sanitation worker told police they picked up an unusually heavy trash receptacle on Dec. 24.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police