Today showers will increase with moderate to heavy rain in the forecast for the afternoon. Rain on top of high elevation snowpack will increase the rate of melting snow. A Flood Watch is in effect through Wednesday afternoon in Gallatin County. People in flood prone areas should monitor water levels and precipitation closely.
Kalispell, Missoula, and Butte could see up to half an inch of rain, with up to an inch in Bozeman.
A mix of rain and snow is possible Wednesday morning for most valley locations.
Highs today will be in the 50s and 60s with lows dropping just below the freezing mark. Much cooler Wednesday with highs in the 40s.
The rest of the week looks pretty damp as well. There will be very little break from the moisture on Thursday before the next system moves in. Highs will remain in the 50s through the weekend.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers