KALISPELL, Mont. - A man suspected of killing two others in a drunk driving wreck pleaded not guilty today in Flathead County District Court.
46-year-old Joseph Powell is accused of driving the wrong way down Highway 93 in mid-October.
Troopers say he hit a truck and killed its driver, 43-year-old Brian Delaney.
A passenger in Powell's Jeep, 43-year-old Patrick Moulton, also from Kalispell, died later at the hospital.
According to court documents, Powell was unresponsive to questioning, had blood-shot eyes and smelled of alcohol.
Prosecutors claim Powell admitted he had several beers one to two hours before the collision.
He remains in the Flathead County Jail.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday