THOMPSON FALLS, Mont - A 32-year old man admitted he killed a Dixon man and tried to kill the man's wife last December.
Nathan Lee William Calvert pleaded guilty but mentally ill to deliberate homicide, attempted deliberate homicide, aggravated burglary and robbery in Sanders County District Court Tuesday.
Calvert told the court he was having extreme paranoia the day of the attack and he first stabbed his brother-in-law. After that he said he went to Doug and Cheryl Morigeau's home to get help, but believed Doug was going to attack him.
Prosecutors say he stabbed Morigeau more than fifty times and cut Morigeau's wife's throat, took money from here purse and hopped over a fence.
Calvert faces a maximum of 280 years or life in prison.
A sentencing hearing is scheduled for November after a state mental health evaluation.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Motorcycle Fatal-Missing Man
- KTVM Fire officials stress need for defensible space
- KECI Logger loses equipment in fire as employee helps save residents
- KECI Hamilton takes first steps to buy armory