MISSOULA, Mont. - Montana got a closer contest than expected but the Lady Griz pulled out the home win 68-52 over Weber State Saturday afternoon inside Dahlberg Arena.
The Lady Griz held just a one point advantage at the intermission (28-27) but Torry Hill scored 16 of her game-high 19 points in the second half to lead Montana to victory.
Weber State actually led by as many as seven points in the first half but their horrid 7-for-15 first half performance from the free throw line hindered them from taking charge of the game. Meanwhile, Montana hit 11-of-12 from the charity stripe in the first half and finished the game 22-of-25.
Jordan Sullivan (14 points and 11 rebounds) and Kellie Cole (17points with 10 boards) both recorded double-doubles for Montana (11-6, 5-3 BSC).
Weber State (4-13, 0-8 BSC) was led by Desiree Ramos' 17 points while losing their 46th straight Big Sky Conference contest.
Montana has now pulled to within one game of the Big Sky leader Montana State (11-6, 6-2) in the conference standings. The Lady Griz will stay at home next week for games against Southern Utah and then Montana State.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man