MISSOULA, Mont. - Missoula's KettleHouse Brewing Company took home a gold award from the 2014 World Beer Cup presented April 11 in Denver, Colo.
A panel of 219 international judges evaluated beers from around the world and presented awards in 94 categories.
KettleHouse received gold for the brewery's Double Haul IPA beer, in the English Style IPA category.
KettleHouse is a 14,000-barrel brewery located in Missoula and distributed throughout western Montana.
"Right now craft beer is on fire and IPAs are leading the charge. To be recognized as a world class IPA maker is huge," KettleHouse owner Tim O'Leary said in a press release.
Beers from 31 countries received awards. 4,754 entries from 1,403 breweries in 58 countries made a showing at the competition.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI UM kicks off homecoming events
- Hundreds of raptors migrating through Big Belt Mountains
- KECI Montana untested rape kit info to go to CODIS
- FBI mum on case of Montana woman found dead in car trunk