MISSOULA, Mont. - A brilliant start to the outdoor season by Lindsey Hall has not gone unnoticed as the Griz senior was named the Big Sky Conference Field Athlete of the Week on Tuesday. The honor comes just four days after Hall's record-setting performance in the heptathlon at the Montana State Open in Bozeman.
The Missoula native won five of the seven events and took second in the other two to post a winning score of 5,424 points, which was 64 points better than her existing school record set back in 2011.
Perhaps even more important though is the accomplishment of that score on the national stage; her mark ranks No. 9 in the nation currently, with the top 24 marks advancing to NCAA nationals at the end of the year.
"Yeah that's definitely been a goal of mine since we came back in August. I started planning on that nine months out," said Hall about trying to qualify for nationals in her final college track season. "Everyday I tell myself that I deserve to be there."
Hall will compete next in the heptathlon at Azusa Pacific in Azusa, Calif., as part of the Mt. SAC Relays.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- News Energy panel postpones votes on Energy, Interior nominees
- Freezing fog, developing snow
- KTVM Bozeman commissioners set limit on industrial waste
- KECI Missoula City Council fills vacant Ward 2 seat