KALISPELL, Mont. - Glacier National Park's Going-to-the-Sun Road is expected to be fully opened just in time for the holiday weekend.
With the road almost open, it has been a busy week for Glacier Park businesses.
Glacier Park Boat Company rents kayaks, motor boats, paddle boards and canoes. They also give tours of the park to visitors.
They told NBC Montana that, despite a slow start to the summer because of weather conditions, they are already seeing business pick up this week. They may also see even more rentals as the holiday weekend gets closer.
"We're really excited. I mean, I don't consider the season in full swing until that road's open and that's why people come to this park, to see that road," said Glacier Park Boat Company employee Ian Damon.
With the road opening this weekend, this will allow visitors to explore more areas of the park and avoid driving all the way around Highway 2.
Glacier Park employees expect to have an exact opening date by Wednesday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Secretary of state: Voters should handle ballots themselves
- Local Elections Chief justice, other judges denounce campaign attack ad
- Crow, Montana settle dispute over taxing coal owned by tribe
- Montana's mining future could lie in ordinary rock