KALISPELL, Mont. - First Night Flathead is celebrating its 15th annual New Year's Eve event Tuesday.
Shops on Main Street and bands in Kalispell spent the day preparing for the big night.
The board president said First Night Flathead started getting sponsors and preparing for the event after Labor Day. It's a family fun event with no alcohol.
Organizers anticipate a little more than 1,000 people to attend.
"We've done this a number of times. A number of the artists are returning artists. I expect it to be a great community party. People bring their families, we have kids here dancing at midnight. It's wonderful," said Patrice Magnet.
To find out more about the festivities happening throughout the day, check out the First Night Flathead website.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Lawmakers look at child sex trafficking education
- KTVM Rescue crews respond to injured snowmobiler
- Sheridan under boil water alert
- Heavier mountain snow, mostly rain for valleys Monday