Low impacted on our Severe Weather Tracker for the day ahead.
High pressure remains in control, but a steady stream of monsoon moisture will keep a tiny chance of showers and thunderstorms in the forecast from Dillon, south of Bozeman to West Yellowstone. Expect mostly sunny skies near Missoula and Kalispell with temperatures in the low to mid 90s west of the divide. Areas near Libby will reach the upper 90s.
Near daily chances for showers and thunderstorms this week. There isn't a pick day as the chance remains small. However, southwest Montana will be the prime location, Wednesday and Thursday, as another system tracks across the west.
In all cases, the thunder threat will be isolated with not much in the way of rain this week. As with all thunderstorms, lightning will be a concern. Temperatures late in the week will be slightly cooler with highs in the upper 80s and low 90s.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Pipeline protest aided by universal support
- KECI Workday for CSKT delayed until 9 a.m.
- KECI Emergency travel restrictions lifted in Missoula Co.
- KECI Winter weather prompts warnings for drivers