KALISPELL, Mont. - Evergreen is looking for the town's first mayor -- and it could be you. The best part is you won't even have to spend months on the campaign trail. What you will need is a raffle ticket and a little luck.
The Evergreen Chamber of Commerce is selling the $1 raffle tickets at 57 area businesses. Anyone of any age can enter the running as long as you have some connection to Evergreen.
Evergreen's first 'Honorary Mayor' will be announced at an inauguration celebration in the parking lot of K-Mart near the chamber's information booth on May 1.
Evergreen Chamber member Craig Witte came up with the idea. We asked him what the new mayor of Evergreen can expect.
"There's no responsibilities. You're going to have no authority, you have no decision making, you have no tasks, you don't have to attend any meetings. All you have to do is provide us with a photo and you're listed as the first official mayor of Evergreen," said Witte.
Tickets will be on sale until 8 p.m. April 29, and the raffle benefits the Chamber of Commerce and local businesses.
Evergreen is an unincorporated census-designated community bordering Kalispell.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KTVM Water main leak in Bozeman prompts road closure
- East Helena couple found dead in home
- KTVM Gallatin Co. to approve $100k for 911 center consultant
- KTVM Severe cold weather impacts vehicles