MISSOULA, Mont. - True freshman Mario Dunn delivered the biggest shot of the night with a three-pointer in the final moments to put Montana on top and complete the come-from-behind 59-54 win over Idaho State Thursday night in ISU's Reed Gym.
Dunn's three with 1:06 left on the clock put the Grizzlies on top 55-54 and secured the last lead change of the night.
Montana (3-4, 8-8) had the hot start after tip-off. The Grizzlies led 14-4 under five minutes into the game. But Idaho State took charge after that and led 30-21 at intermission. The Bengals led by as many as 10 points in the second half before Montana started to come back in the final ten minutes of play.
Jordan Gregory scored 16 of his game-high 21 points in the second half thanks to a 5-of-9 performance from beyond the arc. Keron DeShields added 13 points going 3-of-4 from three-point range.
The Bengals (3-4/6-10) had four players score in double figures but Montana's 12 threes (on 26 attempts) in the game were twice as many as Idaho State could knock down (6 of 16).
Montana continues its four-game road trip Saturday against preseason favorite Weber State (6-1, 9-6). The Wildcats defeating visiting Montana State 86-57 Thursday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Tax extensions are a safe bet, experts say
- Missoula Co. addresses road condition issues
- News Environmental groups challenge Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Final suspect reaches plea deal in death of Kalispell man