KALISPELL, Mont. - On Saturday, drivers at Montana Raceway Park were gearing up for the track's biggest event, the Montana 200. The green flag may drop in a few hours, but drivers made sure to get in a few practice laps to make sure their cars were running smoothly.
NBC Montana caught up with #33 Nicole Behar, a 15 year old out of Washington. Behar was the only female to qualify for Saturday's 200 lapper and is thrilled for the chance to go up against some of the track's local faves.
"Very exciting... all week we were with a different car struggling, and struggling. Last on the board," Behar explained. "And we pull out a car for qualifying and in the show and I was excited. I know I have a good crew. Everything will be fine."
The Montana 200 kicks off at 9pm.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Stray bullets blamed for wildfire in west-central Idaho
- Montana school forced to cut nurse's hours due to budget
- Community meeting set for Copper King Fire update
- Rangeland wildfire forces evacuations in eastern Idaho