EVERGREEN, Mont. - Flathead County officials are removing a dangerous logjam on the Flathead River. Over the last few weeks, rescue teams have responded to several incidents at the jam which is located just north of the Montana Highway 35 bridge near Evergreen.
River floaters can get around the jam, but a lot of folks report getting stuck and need to call for help. Sheriff Chuck Curry tells NBC Montana he had to ask the County Commissioners and the Planning Department for permission to remove the jam for public safety reasons.
The work should be completed in the next day or so.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park remains closed
- KCFW Kalispell police clearing out transient camps
- KCFW Infrared camera used in Bierney Creek Fire west of Lakeside
- Parents win $4.6 million lawsuit against bar