KALISPELL, Mont. - A single family home is being considered a total loss after fire crews were unable to save the house.
Early Wednesday morning crews responded to the structure fire to find flames had fully engulfed the home.
It only took 15 minutes for crews to get the blaze under control, and while they managed to save the garage, the inside of the house was gone.
The bed liner of a pickup truck in the driveway also caught fire but crews managed to extinguish those flames as well.
Columbia Falls Fire Chief Rick Hagen tells us they've wrapped up the investigation of the fire after determining the fire was not suspicious.
"More likely than not, it was a failure of some heat tape that was on under the older part of the trailer," said Hagen. "That and the gas forced air heater were the only two things that we found that were that were supposed to be on at that time."
Hagen says the family living in the house was away at the time of the fire and no one was injured.