MISSOULA, Mont. - With two more wins last week the Lady Griz are inching closer to that first place spot in the Big Sky Conference; Montana is now just half a game behind North Dakota in the standings.
UM's Kellie Cole was honored on Monday for her efforts in last week's home victories over Northern Colorado and North Dakota.
The junior guard didn't have the best week of her life, but she did average a solid 15.5 points per game on 57% shooting from the floor. Cole also filled up the stat sheet averaging six rebounds and four assists in those two contests.
To make matters more interesting, Cole entered last week recovering from a tailbone and a toe injury and was questionable to play. But the Bozeman native gritted out two great games and continues to be one of the top-10 scoring threats in the entire Big Sky Conference (currently ranked 7th at 14.5 points per game).
This is the 3rd time in her career that Cole has been named player of the week with all three of those honors coming during this season.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Officials identify man who possibly drowned in Flathead Lake
- Officials identify man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Candidates for Montana house seat spar over public lands
- KECI Man arrested in connection with Missoula bike thefts