YELLOW BAY, Mont. - Despite a few raindrops, Yellow Bay residents came out Saturday to support the town's annual Cherry Blossom Festival. The neighborhood fair celebrates Flathead cherries. Vendors sell preserves, sauces, and other arts and crafts.
The event, hosted by the Yellow Bay Club, is the organizations biggest fundraiser of the year. Proceeds go towards clubhouses maintenance and charitable activities. Organizers tell us the festival is also a great way to get everyone excited for cherry season and this summer's crop.
"It's looking good," said resident Barbara Hammons. "We had a good step with pollination so we're looking forward to a nice crop."
The Yellow Bay fair isn't the only cherry festival. In late July, the Flathead Lake Cherry Growers Association will sponsor a fair in Polson.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Local Elections Candidate lays out last-ditch plan to sink Trump, Clinton
- Bullock: Suspended sentence in incest case is unacceptable
- Glacier County attorney alleges retaliatory budget cut
- The Latest: Victim's mom doesn't blame police