KALISPELL, Mont. - Kalispell firefighters responded to a house fire near the intersection of Second Avenue East and East Sixth Street Friday afternoon. First responders say smoke and flames were already showing at the residence when they arrived. Seconds later they found the fire moved rapidly, running the length of the basement, up the walls, and through the attic.
Fire Chief Dave Dedman said in a press release that the home and belongings are reported to be a total loss with extensive fire, smoke, and water damage throughout the residence.
The origin and cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- South Entrance to Yellowstone National Park remains closed
- KCFW Kalispell police clearing out transient camps
- KCFW Infrared camera used in Bierney Creek Fire west of Lakeside
- Parents win $4.6 million lawsuit against bar