BUTTE, Mont. - Police say blood found in the bed of a pickup truck owned by the boyfriend of a missing Anaconda woman is being examined by the Montana Crime Lab.
Anaconda Police Chief Tim Barkell tells the Montana Standard (http://bit.ly/VFDTuz) that search dogs found the blood Friday.
Forty-one-year-old Tammy Salle was last seen on Dec. 23. The body of 38-year-old John Goldberg was found Dec. 29 in his pickup parked at a truck stop west of Missoula. Police say Goldberg appeared to have shot himself in the head.
Police had wanted to question Goldberg about Salle's disappearance.
Barkell says the dogs on Friday also searched wooded areas near Skalkaho and Rock Creek in the Philipsburg area but didn't find any new evidence.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Billings residents protest suspension of radio host
- Brockton woman found dead after pickup crashed into river
- Republican and Democratic hopefuls for US House election
- KECI Montana teen found safe by Helena police