MISSOULA, Mont. - The Montana Highway Patrol continues to investigate the cause of a fatal car accident near Ronan.
Ronan residents Iva Skelton, 45, and Karen Jore, 56, were killed when their vehicle ended up in an irrigation ditch along Canyon Mill Road between Pablo and Ronan.
Lake County officials told KERR-AM that a passer-by spotted a vehicle upside down in the canal just after 6 a.m. Monday.
Investigators believe the accident may have occurred between 11 and 11:30 p.m. Sunday.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KCFW Kalispell business owners push back on improvement district
- KECI Big Ditch Irrigation siphon nearly complete
- KECI Montana bill could prohibit cyclist access on 2-lane roads
- KECI Bitterroot College begins spring semester