Home explosion injures one in northeast Butte


BUTTE, Mont. - Fire officials with Butte-Silver Bow say one man was injured in a home explosion on Butte's northeast side.

It happened on Argyle Street around 12:30 p.m. Wednesday.

NBC Montana's Grace Ditzler was told the homeowner was sealing something around his water heater with flammable materials and it exploded.

The man suffered burns from the chest up and taken to the hospital.

The explosion blew out glass in several windows.  The Fire Marshal tells NBC Montana's Scott Zoltan that the home suffered major structural damage.

More Stories