Missoula, MONT. - Less than a week after the Grizzly football team lost their Defensive Doordinator, Mike Breske to Washington State, reports are they are also saying their goodbyes to Offensive Coordinator Jonathan Smith.
NBC Montana confirmed with a source inside the Grizzly Athletic Department on Friday that Jonathan Smith will become the quarterbacks coach for the Boise State Broncos.
The move was confirmed later by Montana Head Coach Robin Pflugrad.
Smith, who played Quarterback at Oregon State, came to Montana from the University of Idaho. He has been with the Griz for the past two seasons.
Last year in Smith's first season, Montana ranked 21st in the FCS in total offense as they averaged about 420 yards per game.
The Griz also finished 16th in the nation in scoring offense at 33.86 points per game.
Smith will replaces Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks coach Brent Pease, who left the Broncos for Florida.
Tune into the NBC Montana sports to get the latest on new Griz hires in the upcoming weeks.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Nationally high cherry prices help Flathead Lake growers
- KTVM First East Side Mish Mash held in Bozeman
- KTVM Police warn against leaving children in hot cars
- KECI Most dogs returned to kennel after Charlo raid