The Montana Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force (MT ICAC TF) worked together with the Flathead County Sheriff's Office to conduct a 4 day pro-active investigation that resulted in the arrest of 7 individuals. More arrests are pending. All of the suspects are currently being charged with Sexual Abuse of Children
The investigation concluded on August 21, 2014. According to the MT ICAC TF, this is the fifth [5th] investigation of its kind conducted in Montana, with the possibility of more in the future. It is important to understand that all seven of the suspects are Montana residents, six of which from the Kalispell area, one is presently a part-time youth pastor. From July of 2013 to-date there has been 32 arrests of Montana residents during similar investigations, this does not include those arrested in our day-to-day operations.
These investigations are conducted for keeping childrean safe as they utilize the internet. The MT ICAC TF maintains a presence on the Internet to expose individuals to exploit the young men and womoen of Montana and hold them accountable.
The following was sent out in a press release from the MT ICAC TF:
The MT ICAC TF and the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office wish to thank each of the following MT ICAC TF Agencies and their agents who participated in this most recent investigation:
- Kalispell Division of HSI
- DHS Denver, Colorado Division
- The US Border Patrol
- Butte-Silver Bow Law Enforcement Agency
- Missoula Police Department
- Great Falls Police Department
- Montana Division of Criminal Investigations & Forensic Computer Lab
- Montana Department of Corrections / Probation & Parole
- Blaine County Sheriff’s Office
- Helena Police Department
- Billings Police Department
- Two Bear Air for their continued support of our air operations requests
From the Flathead County Sheriff’s Office we wish to thank our:
- Patrol Division
- IT Department
- And our Tactical Operations Division/SWAT
Undercover investigations are only a part of the overall purpose of the MT ICAC TF, with public Internet Safety Courses, specialized training & public awareness being as important to the overall success of the program.