MISSOULA, Mont. - Fire officials are responding to a fire at 130 Daytona Loop in Milltown, east of Missoula. The call came in about 4:40 p.m. Wednesday.
Reporter Kevin Maki is on the scene. He reports at least one structure is on fire, and there are flames and heavy, black smoke visible in the area.
We're told that winds are picking up and fanning the flames.
Neighbors are telling us they're worried because the house on fire is two houses down from the family of Chance Geery, who was killed Monday in an accident on Mullan Rd.
Some concerned residents have gathered in the area. They say houses in that neighborhood are old and close together.
Officials are closing the road and limiting train traffic.
We will bring you the latest details here and on NBC Montana as soon as we know more.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Gas prices take slight dip around Missoula
- KECI Missoula to show public how election process works
- KTVM Success of hunting season weather dependent: FWP
- KECI Opening weekend of rifle hunting season comes to a close