KALISPELL, Mont. -

A fire at KOFI radio in Kalispell forced the station off the air for almost 12 hours.

KOFI officials told us the electrical fire caused about $15,000 in damage.

General Manager Dave Rae said they're lucky they caught the fire when they did.

"We got a call last night just about midnight from our night man who smelled smoke and called the fire department right away,” Rae said.  “Of course since they're right across the street from KOFI, The Monster and The Lake, they were here right away which really saved our bacon.”

Rae says that the insurance will cover all the damages and expects the station to be back to normal by next week.