MISSOULA, Mont. -

On Friday morning firefighters shut down multiple lanes in Downtown Missoula while they battled a structure fire at the Flathead Lake Brewing Company. Missoula firefighters tell NBC Montana the blaze mostly affected a basement, and appears to have been caused by a discarded cigarette outside of the building.

Firefighters tell NBC Montana that smoke filled the whole business, but no injuries were reported. Responders say the incident appears to have caused roughly $2,000 worth of damage. Lanes on Higgins near its intersection with Pine were closed for more than an hour.

Responders included the Missoula Fire Department and the Missoula Police Department.