MISSOULA, Mont. -

There is about $35,000 in damages to a house in Kalispell after the heating lamp from a chicken coop caused a fire.

The Kalispell Fire Department says it happened on Cally Lane at about 2:10 Thursday morning.   The fire crews found an exterior fire that spread into the house attic.  They say a direct attack on the fire resulted in a quick extinguish.  Everyone got out safely and no one was injured. 

Officials think the fire was caused by materials stored closely to a heating lamp used in a chicken coop that was near the home.  Most of the damage was to the deck area and attic space.

The Evergreen Fire Department, City of Kalispell Police Department, Flathead Electric, and Northwestern Energy also assisted.