As a continued effort to ensure businesses are helping keep Bozeman safe regarding the abuse of alcohol, On Saturday, February 8, 2014, the Bozeman Police Department partnered with the Montana State University Police Department Saturday evening to conduct alcohol compliance checks at 18 area businesses. In each check, an underage person without any identification entered the business and ordered an alcoholic beverage.
Fifteen of the businesses were in full compliance and refused to sell a drink when unable to provide identification.
Employees from three of the businesses sold the underage person alcohol, either without asking for identification or not verifying legal age. In these instances, the clerk/server was issued citations for Unlawful Sale of Alcohol to a Minor. Employees from the following businesses were issued related citations:
- Old Chicago, 1940 N. 19th.
- Casey’s Corner, 4135 Valley Commons Drive.
- Town Pump, 2607 W. Main.
A large majority of the businesses checked were in full compliance with the laws regarding underage drinking. They did not allow the teenager to purchase alcohol, refusing service when she was unable to provide proof of legal age. We applaud the continued good work of these licensed establishments. Those found in compliance were:
- Loaf and Jug (717 West College)
- Conoco (919 West College)
- Spectators Bar and Grill (19 Tai Lane)
- Loaf and Jug (1910 West Main)
- Holiday Gas (1951 Durston)
- Town Pump (1871 Baxter Lane)
- 19th Hole (1035 Reeves Road)
- Montana Outpost (6059 Reeves Road)
- Cats Paw ( 721 North 7th)
- Magic Diamond Casino (1615 West Main)
- Mixers (515 West Aspen)
- Filling Station (2005 North Rouse)
- Haufbrau (228 South 8th)
- Lucky Lils (2401 West Main)
- Magic Diamond Casino (2609 West Main)
With support from the DUI Task Force, local law enforcement conducts these checks to help remind businesses with alcohol licenses to be responsible. While this focus is on not serving underage drinkers, it also helps remind business owners to be responsible in other areas, to include not over-serving intoxicated patrons and helping to prevent intoxicated persons from driving home.
This release was sent out by the Bozeman Police Department.