BOZEMAN, Mont. -

A 5-year-old Bozeman boy who was burned by an errant firework on July 4 has been released from the University of Utah's burn center.
    
Gus Fronek was released from the hospital Monday. He and his mother and grandmother are staying at the Ronald McDonald House in Salt Lake City. Gus will be an outpatient attending physical therapy sessions every other day for the next two weeks.
    
His grandmother, Bonnie Buckingham, says Gus' rehabilitation includes puzzles and toys that are helping restore the dexterity in his arms and hands.
    
Buckingham says Gus suffered third-degree burns over 30 percent of his body and his hands were burned as he swatted at the flames on his chest after he was hit by the firecracker.