I'm third generation on our ranch on Little Beaver Creek at Whitepine (9 miles NW Thompson Falls).
First real involvement with weather was reporting weather and fuel moisture observation daily as a Lookout on Cougar Peak across the river from us, 1961-62 with the LOLO FOREST.
Then weather observations were critical during my career as a smokejumper and member of a Type 1 Overhead Team.
Now as a full time rancher, weather conditions are a basis for all of the management decisions.
I was recruited by John Pulaski, Northern Ag Network, in 2007 to participate with COCORAHS.
My report is submitted at 0700 daily to them.
- Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- KECI Authorities ID man found in Clark Fork River
- Bozeman American Legion seeks return of burgled bugle
- Lewis and Clark County appoints new coroner
- KECI Injury crash near Ronan diverts traffic off Highway 93