People all around the Mining City are gearing up for one of Butte's most anticipated holidays of the year, St. Patrick’s Day.
Below is a full list of what’s happening around town:
Tuesday, March 12:
- The Butte Public Library will be hosting St. Patrick’s Day story time for kids. This event will take place in the children’s room at the Butte Public Library at 226 W. Broadway St. This event will begin at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. For additional details or if you have any questions contact the Butte Public Library at (406) 723-3361.
Friday - Sunday, March 15-17:
- Celtic-inspired food vendors will be located throughout Heritage Plaza on the corner of Park St. and Main St. in Uptown Butte.
Saturday, March 16:
- Ancient Order of Hibernians’ are holding Mass services starting at 9 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Church located at 329 W. Mercury St.
- The Helsinki Yacht Club will hold the Crowning of St. Urho at the Helsinki located at 402 E. Broadway. This event begins at 9 a.m.
- The Great Scots will be performing at 4 p.m. For more details about this performance contact (406) 782-2016.
- Friendly Sons and Daughters of St. Patrick will be holding a banquet. No-host cocktails begin at 6 p.m. Dinner starts at 7 p.m. The Keynote speaker will be Father Patrick Beretta of St. John’s. Tickets are available at Cavanaugh’s County Celtic located at 131 W. Park. For more information contact Brendan McDonough, 498-3983.
- The first Shamrock Shakedown is taking place on Saturday. The show starts at 7 p.m. and will run until 2 a.m. Tickets are $8 in advance and $10 for general admission. The tickets are on sale at Rockin Rudy’s, and Headframe Spirits. You can also purchase tickets online at: http://bfk-missoula.ticketleap.com/shamrockshakedown/
Sunday, March 17:
- St. Patrick’s Day Parade begins at noon in Uptown. For additional details call 310-0638, 560-3279, or299-3067, Fran O’Farrell will be featured as the grand marshal.
-Anaconda’s St. Patrick’s Day parade begins at 2 p.m. in downtown Anaconda.
- “Handing Down the Heritage,” will feature live Irish music, dancing, and storytelling. People are invited to bring the whole family to this annual event. Adults tickets are $13 per person or two for $25. High school kids along with ages 13 and under are free. Music includes Dublin Gulch, Tiernan Irish Dancers and Edmonton bagpipers. The event starts at 6:30 P.M. inside the Butte Civic Center.