The following is a Park County news release.
"On Friday August 3, 2012 at approximately 1920 hours Livingston/Park County 911 Center received a call that there are two people injured in the Granite Peak area.
The reporting party advised he was contacted on Granite Peak by a climber of a rock slide and the male reporting this was heading to the peak to try and find cell service.
There are 6 people in the party with three that stayed at the base camp and three that proceeded up the mountain.
- The incident apparently happened on Thursday August 2, 2012 and was reported at 5:30 pm
- Reporting party proceeded to hike out for help
- A twenty year old and 60 year old male both sustained leg injury’s
- Park County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue, Yellowstone National Park, U.S. Forest Service are all working together to locate the individuals
- Yellowstone National Park Helicopter is currently flying the area in search of the injured people.